Star Alliance, oneworld and SkyTeam – which together have 58 member airlines, representing over 60 per cent of world airline capacity and carrying over 1.87 billion passengers annually prior to the Covid-19 crisis – have come out in support of a report produced by the International Civil Aviation Organization.
The updated CART report which, among other things, calls for the serious consideration of screening and testing as a means for easing travel and border restrictions, and reviving the travel and tourism industry and the global economy,
This restart and recovery is best supported by an international approach which is based on 10 key principles:
– Protect people: harmonized but flexible measures;
– Work as one aviation team and show solidarity;
– Ensure essential connectivity;
– Actively manage safety-, security- and health-related risks;
– Make aviation public health measures work with aviation safety and security systems;
– Strengthen public confidence;
– Distinguish restart from recovery;
– Support financial relief strategies to help the aviation industry;
– Ensure sustainability;
– Learn lessons to improve resilience.